Donating at Samaritan Way
Thank you for wanting to donate your items at Samaritan Way Thrift Store! Just a few tips to remember when dropping off your donation.
Donation Hours are as follows:
- Drive around the side of the building (follow the donation sign out front), into the garage, a bell will alert to our donation attendant to come out and assist you. Be sure not to drive in the garage the wrong way, we will not know that you are out there!
- Due to the high volume of donations and items being donated, we request to keep the container (whether it is in a box, bag, bin, etc....) that you donated it in. We cannot put items loose into a Gaylord or clothing bin due to the items getting broken/dirty. Please be sure that we are able to keep the container while donating items.
- We have an accept/do not accept list available upon request. The list is general and does have exceptions. We can refuse a donation upon seeing it, and we will give a reason as to why it is being turned away.
- You will be given a donation receipt (for tax purposes) along with a calendar of our sales, our facebook link and a coupon for our store for your donation.
- We request that when you donate your items, that they are store ready and in resellable condition.
- When donating, please do not walk into our garage, we need donations to be driven in. It is too much of a safety issue.
Any other questions, please feel free to ask. If you are unsure of an item, you can ask/call/or just bring it in.
Samaritan Way Thrift Store • 19463 Evans Street • Elk River, MN 55330 • 763-241-0242